Standards and Assessment Models
Workshop Program Chairs & Moderators
FiSMA ry, Finland
In systems, software, services development more and more ISO, IEC, SAE IEEE standards, are published and need to be considered. With every technology push on the market the standards are adapted to fulfil the new needs. For instance, the development of smart connected cars and industry 4.0 leads to a high demand for cybersecurity norms. In general there is a large variety of engineering standards in ISO/IEC, SAE, IEEE, and national standards. Depending on the domain (Automotive, Medical, Aerospace, IT services, SMEs, etc.) different norms are applicable. Still many norms show cross-sector synergy potentials. For instance the medical device and Automotive safety relevant standards contain complementary best practices where each group can learn from the other. Additionally there are norms dealing with innovation management and with process improvement and change management. Etc.
Dr Klaudia Dussa Zieger is ISO 15504 representative for Germany, and Dr Gerhard Griessnig is ISO 26262 representative for Austria, and Dr. Gerhard Greissnig is ISO 26262 representative for Austira, and Timo Varkoi is Is 15504 reprasentative for Finland and Dr. Marion Lepmets is one of the developers of MedDev SPICE.
In this workshop series every year different ISO standards and assessment models will be introduced, explained, and discussed. This should offer an entrance to the world of norms but also to offer help in selecting the norms or integrating them and why to use a specific norm.
We invite experts who are working with
• ISO/IEC , SAE, IEEE standards to be considered in systems, software services development
• ISO , SAE, IEEE standards to be considered in process improvement and innovation management
• ISO/IEC , SAE, IEEE standards to be considered in systems, software services verification
• New forthcoming ISO, SAE, IEEE standards that will impact the future development
• Working parties who are representing standards in ISO, SAE, IEEE
Papers shall present the standard, its background (what needs it addresses, which processes and content, hints for implementation, potential contacts to follow up).
Interactive Workshop Approach
Focus of interest and main questions discussed during the workshop will be:
- New ISO, IEC, SAE, IEEE standards to be considered in systems, and software design
- New ISO, IEC, SAE, IEEE standards to be considered in services
- New ISO, IEC, SAE, IEEE standards to be considered in management
- New ISO, IEC, SAE, IEEE standards to be considered in innovation and improvement
- Comparing related IEEE, ISO, SAE norms
- Proposing an integrated approach – addressing many norms in one approach
Each presentation will be discussed towards these main topics of interest. A panel discussion at the end shall come up with a summary of the solutions presented and with new research topics to focus on to solve this integrated approach (work for next year to meet at next EuroAsiaSPI and share again).
12.04.2017 First Workshop Paper Submissions
30.04.2017 Review by International Programme Committee and Notification of Acceptance
12.06.2017 Camera Ready Version of Paper for Book
31.07.2017 Early Registration Deadline (All presenters register)
30.08.2017 Upload of Powerpoint Conference Presentation